Youth Pastor Job Description
To serve the vision of The Fields Church by way of student life, development, and pastoral care.
Salary – Full Time
Experience and Knowledge
- Effective pastoral leadership
- Consistent involvement with the pastoral needs of students
- Systematic team building and leadership development
- Ability to communicate vision.
- Student ministry health assessment, analysis, and restructuring.
- Proficient with Google Docs and ability to learn ChMS
- Leadership & administrative experience
- Must be energetic and able to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Create a Student Ministry environment that connects students to Growth Track, and Dream Team, to worship, pray, and build a healthy community and challenges students to grow as leaders in the church.
- Relationally serve students’ pastoral care needs and create personal growth opportunities for students to receive and or experience healing, restoration, deliverance, freedom, and the process of redemption.
- Yearly Youth Ministry Calendar Planning
Monthly Worship Service
- Coordinate & develop the Monthly Worship Planning Team
- Develop message content or invite communicators based on the topic of choice to share at the Monthly Worship Service.
- Build Monthly Worship Service teams that involve students and empower them as leaders
- Provide oversight of small groups.
- Develop leader and leadership structure of small groups.
- Available to attend weekly house groups (rotational basis).
- Communicate schedule/schedule changes to Small Group Coaches & parents as needed.
Communication + Networking
- Strategically promote services and groups within The Fields Church organization using mediums such as Sunday mornings and Community nights.
- Actively participate in managing communications via social media, email, text, etc
- Intentionally build connections with affiliated churches through Assemblies of God.
- Actively participate in school and community events to connect with students and parents.
- Coordinate and lead events that help students continue to grow in their relationship with Christ, including retreats, conferences, mission trips, etc.
- Love for God
- Love for People
- Work Ethic that is excellent
- An attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with, and devoted to the call of God and the church
Skills & Attributes
- Christ-like, servant attitude
- Devoted to the call of God and the vision of The Fields Church
- Operate with a spirit of excellence
- Committed to the core values and purposes of The Fields Church
- Committed and personally vested the in the well-being and success of small groups at The Fields
- Leader, team builder
- Passion for the Lord and people
- Light lifting